Thursday 12 March 2015

Editing the images for inside my digipak.

For this, I knew what I wanted the outcome to be and think that I achieved exactly what I was aiming for. I wanted to have an image that was really simple yet striking; emphasising what the album is all about. I also knew that I wanted to have some text of some sort: I thought at first of having a quote or some empowering text that would show the artist's confidence but decided against this and thought that having lyrics from the artist's main song 'White Teeth Teens' made more sense. I have specifically chosen to use the lyrics "I'll let you in on something big" and "I am not a white teeth teen" as I think these are the 2 most powerful lines in the song as this is the defining point in the song where the artist realises that popularity isn't everything and that she doesn't want to be seen in this fake and 'plastic' way.


I placed the text onto the image and surrounded it in a border similar to what I have done with the track list on my back cover. I also moved the text so that it was centralized as I think this looks very professional and also relates to the back cover as I have done this there too.


I then altered the levels to make the grass look more interesting and vibrant as it looked a little flat in the first image. I only changed the levels slightly, but think this is a massive improvement on the image as it looks a lot more like an image that would be used in an album, and doesn't look as washed out as it did previously.


I then thought that the speech marks that I placed at the ends of both of the texts made it less effective; I think it looks better without them. This is because using the speech marks make it obvious that the text is a song lyrics and I want this to be a surprise for whoever it is that has bought the album.



As I had already edited one image of the grass, I knew that editing the levels was something I had to do to make the image look better. Again, this was only a slight adjustment but I feel that this makes the image look really professional and also looks vibrant which would relate to the audience I am going to aim the product at.


I then did this edit as I was torn between whether to use an image that I had taken of the bush or to use an image I took in the field. I really like this edit but am unsure about whether it works because of how difficult it is to read the text.

I am going to edit these when I get home as I have the fonts downloaded that I would like to use and will decide then which one I think looks the best.

These are the outcomes for the edits when using the font that I like (Lemon/Milk - downloaded from dafont.com):






I really love this font as I think it is really bold and eye-catching. I think it looks really modern and relates to how Foxes has placed the track list on her album, and I think it also looks similar to the style that Troye Sivan used on his third EP 'TRXYE':

My favourite out of the three is the design that is made from the bush as the mise en scene looks a lot more interesting due to how it seems more 3 dimensional. I then thought that the font was a little difficult to read, so I then used the Rectangular Marquee Tool to select the area behind the text and filled it in with black:

I then changed the opacity of the box so that it wasn't a really harsh black colour and so that the image could still be seen behind the text and through the black box.

This is the finished product and I am really happy with the outcome, I am now going to do the same with another image so that I have my final 2 images:


I used the same image on both of them because I think that this makes them look effective as it demonstrates how they connect with each other and aren't two different song lyrics. I am really happy with how they turned out because I think they look really good, and illustrate the type of artist I am creating; one that is calm and empowered, yet has a fun and quirky side to her personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment