Tuesday 10 March 2015

Editing the video and techniques used.




In one part of my music video there is a shot where one of the actresses flips her hair close to the camera. I added this to the video and thought it looked really good but didn't take up the time that I wanted it to. I tried adding it again so that it filled the time slot I needed it to but this made it look really strange, so decided to slightly slow it down so that it filled the space. I think this looks really effective as it fits the rhythm of the song a lot better.


For one shot in my video, I wanted to film some cars for a long time so that I could speed it up to have the effect of time passing by really quickly. I altered the speed/duration when editing to create this illusion and think this has worked really well and fits in well with the beat of the song.


I then had a shot where I needed to place two videos on at the same time. I wasn't sure how to do this, so asked the technician, Ben. He told me that the way to do it was to experiment with the opacity to get the effect I wanted, and I am really happy with the outcome of it.


Filming this shot was really difficult to do because I didn't really want to capture shadows and wanted to film it from above. I was happy with the shot that I got because it was what I intended to film, but when it came to editing I decided that moving it around slightly would make it better which I feel it did, as the actresses arms fill more of the mise en scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment