Thursday 5 March 2015

Mock ups of magazine advert.




I have decided to do mock ups of the magazine advertisement I have to create as part of my coursework as this will help me when creating the final product. This is the first one I have created and I really like how it looks and will only need to change a few things when I create the real one, like the image - I will have to include an image of the artist I am trying to promote.


This is the same as the image above, although I have now included a review of the album as this will illustrate how good the album is and may entice people to buy it. This is a really good promotional technique and is used by a lot of artists to help sell their products as people will believe that a product is worth buying if their is a reliable source that has given it a positive review.



I have then labelled all the parts that are included on this magazine advertisement so that I can look back at the existing products I have analysed and see if I have missed anything off.


This magazine advertisement from Jessie J is the one that I mainly used to get ideas from on how to make my product look because I really like the way it looked. I really love how simple it is and I think this would reflect the artist I have created really well because that is how I am trying to portray her. The product I have created looks really similar to Jessie J's product because of how I placed the image, the text and the record label (although I have put mine on the opposite corner). I also really liked the idea of using a line to separate the text and have used this in my product to underline some text. I simply searched in Google 'fancy lines' and the line I have used is one of the images that came up and I really like how it looks because it gives the product a really professional finish. Two things I have used that Jessie J hasn't is a review from a reliable source and social media icons. I have used the review because this means that people will be more likely to buy the product due to The Times being well-known, and have used social media icons to illustrate how the artist is on all of these websites - if people see this and start following her then this means that if she posts something to promote one of her products (a new album, merchandise etc), people will see it and be more likely to purchase it. On Jessie J's advert she has used an achievement, but this isn't something that I could use on my product because the album is new and so is the artist, so doesn't have any big hits yet or any awards to help promote herself on the advert.

No comments:

Post a Comment