Tuesday 10 March 2015

Organization to take images.

Screenshots of me organizing when to meet to take pictures for tomorrow:
I decided to use the social media platform Snapchat so that I could ask the artist for my video if she is available to take pictures for my digipak tomorrow. I am almost finished with the product and just need a couple more images to add to it. I am going to go and book it tomorrow morning so that I am sure that I will have the opportunity to take some pictures as otherwise someone else may want to use it. We are going to eat our dinner first and then go to the green screen room in media to take the images as this has a white backdrop that I want to use. I have a few ideas for the two images I want to create and am hoping that I can achieve what I aim to:
  • My first idea is to get the artist in her kimono and take a few pictures of her (possibly two where the artist is slightly turned to the left and another where she is facing right) and merge these together and blur them so that it creates a ghostly effect. These will relate to the album as some of the titles of the songs I have chosen are 'Paranormal', 'Ghost' and 'Disappear'. I think that this will look really effective and could possibly edit the image into black and white to give it even more of a ghost-like quality.
  • Another idea for one of the images that I am going to take tomorrow is to get the artist to wear a shirt that she has and make this look really bright and fun. This is to illustrate what happens in the video for the single 'White Teeth Teens' and demonstrates how this is how she feels most comfortable; she feels empowered by what she looks like and realises that popularity isn't everything.
  • My third idea is to take four images of the artist all in the same composition and the same mise-en-scene (bright lighting but not overexposed and a chequered shirt) but all looking different. I am thinking of doing the 'See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil' quote in image form, as this would portray the artist's calm outlook on life and shows how she looks on the positive side of things and is optimistic. I am also planning on taking an image of the artist looking directly at the camera so that I can have four images of all equal size together; ending on the artist being direct to the audience.


Update: I have now booked the room and have it to use from 1:00pm till 1:30pm, which I think will be more than enough time to take plenty of pictures that I can decide which to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment