Friday 13 March 2015

Filming at Chloe's house.

After ensuring I had all the shots that I needed that were outside, I went back to the artist's house so that I could film the remaining 2 shots. Here is how I set up the tripod to film the artist doing her hair in the bathroom. I wanted to capture the mirror in the mise en scene in the background as well as the artist in the foreground, so think that I positioned the tripod really well. It was quite difficult at first to get the tripod into the bathroom because it is a really big piece of equipment and the entrance to it is a small space. After getting it through I started filming as quickly as possible after telling the artist what I wanted her to do.


This is an image that I took whilst the artist was performing what I had asked her to (and although it doesn't look like it in the viewfinder on the camera, this is the same set up as the image above). I think this shot has worked really well because it illustrates the artist trying to look good and 'fitting in' as she is looking into the mirror whilst doing her hair. I am really excited to see how this shot looks in my video as I think I may have to speed it up slightly due to the shot taking longer when filming than I first thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment